Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Point Of View

1st person narrative: I Heart Question Mark by Taylor Swift
I chose this song because it was a perfect example of first person narrative becuase, in this song, Taylor tells about everything she had to do to recover from her break up. In this song Taylor says "Think about what I had to do, yah. Wake up, smell the break up, fix my heart, put on my make up, another mess I didn't plan." This is a good example because she is talking about herself by using the word "I."

2nd person narrative: Your Gonna Miss This by Trace Adkins
I chose this song because Trace uses the words you and your a lot. By saying this he makes the outside listeners feel as though they are the characters in the story being told. For example, in the song he says "your gonna miss this, your gonna want this back, your gonna wish this days hadnt gone by so fast."

3rd person: Oh My My My by Taylor Swift
In this song, Taylor is telling a story about her and a boy with out showing her feelings towards it. Instead, Taylor chose to show her and the boys parents feelings toward it. The song says "And our daddies used to joke about the two of us
Growing up and falling in love and our mamas smiled, And rolled their eyes and said oh my my my." This song shows that the dads want these two kids to grow up and fall in love but the moms simply feel as though it is to early to even be talking about this.


Multiple Person: Need You Now by Lady Antebellum
In this song, the artists go back and forth with their feelings. First, she talks about how she misses this boy and needs him. Next, she is telling about how she had told him earlier she would not call becuase she did not think he was needed in her life anymore. Third, she goes back to how she needs him again. "It's a quarter after one, I'm all alone and I need you now. Said I wouldn't call but I lost all control and I need you now. And I don't know how I can do without. I just need you now"

No comments:

Post a Comment