Monday, February 1, 2010

Heartbreak Through Country Music

The genre and theme I chose is heartbreak through country music. There are many songs that inspired me to choose this. The song that mainly inspired me is Cold As You by Taylor Swift. In this song, Taylor talks about how she fell deeply in love with this boy who then crushed her. Taylor states "and now that I'm sitting here thinking it through, I've never been anywhere cold as you." By this, Taylor means that she has never felt pain the way he made her feel it. In this song Taylor also says "oh what a shame, what a rainy ending given to a perfect day." I think this is saying she was having such a great day and then her heart was broken. Also, in the song Taylor says "you put up walls and paint them all a shade of gray, and I stood there loving you and wished them all away." This is stating that after Taylor fell deeply in love with this boy, he "put up a wall" between the two of them as if to block Taylor out of his life but, nothing changed the way she felt, she still loved him and wished he didn't build up this wall between them.

No comments:

Post a Comment